Periodontal infections are more common than many people realize. When left untreated, they can lead to lasting oral and overall health problems. By taking action today, you can get gum disease treatment in Jersey City, NJ as part of our general dentistry. With this care, you can:
- Stop bleeding gums
- End your bad breath
- Prevent painful infections
- Repair your healthy smile
- Avoid tooth loss
Do not hesitate to take care of your gums. When you notice a problem, call 551-244-6422 to visit Strong Roots Dental and bring back your periodontal health.
Prevent Periodontal Infections to Keep Your Teeth
The bacteria that cause gum disease already live in your mouth. Professional cleanings — along with your daily oral hygiene routine — make it less likely that they will cause an infection. However, they will take advantage of any opportunity to hide and grow between your gums and your teeth.
A vast majority of people will experience periodontal disease at least once. For others, this can become a chronic condition. Either way, we have three ways we can help you or someone you love to address this problem:
- Preventive Services – The best way to deal with gum disease is by stopping it from taking hold. We will remove plaque and tartar buildup when you visit us for routine checkups.
- Scaling and Root Planing – This is similar to a regular cleaning, but deeper. We get below the gumline to clean tartar attached to your roots. We also smooth the surface of your roots, which helps your tooth reconnect to your gums.
- Perio Maintenance – Keep coming to see us after your initial treatment to keep your gums healthy with regular maintenance.
You are more likely to keep your gums in good shape or to find infections early when you make dental visits a few times each year. Finding gum disease early makes your care less expensive, more effective, and less invasive to treat.
Watch for the Signs That Your Gums Need Attention
Periodontal infections can hurt, but many people never feel any pain as a result of gum disease. Knowing this, it is more important for you to be aware of all of these symptoms:
- Gums that appear swollen or red
- Bleeding gums
- Tender or sore gums
- Changes in your bite
- Persistent bad breath or bad taste in your mouth
- Gums that are separating from your teeth
- Teeth that move or feel loose
Smoking and inconsistent oral care both increase your risk of having gum problems. You also are more likely to develop periodontal issues if you have diabetes or a family history of gum problems. Women have an increased risk of gum disease during pregnancy.
It’s time for you to take control of your dental health. Keep your smile by caring for your gums. Visit Strong Roots Dental for gum disease treatment in Jersey City, NJ. Call 201-992-8600 or contact us online to request your appointment.